Learn how to help make Detroit a greener, more sustainable city by preventing stormwater runoff and creating healthier communities. We invite you to join the Land + Water WORKS Coalition to learn about rain gardens this fall. A series of workshops have been coordinated at 3 locations. You are welcome to participate at one site or multiple locations.
Attendees will learn how business, non-profit and faith-based institutions can manage rain water by implementing rain gardens and other practices to receive green credits from the Detroit Water & Sewage Department.
Workshop Dates and Locations:
- Cristo Rey High School – 5679 Vernor Hwy, Detroit, MI 48209
- Intro to Rain Gardens – Sept. 12, 3:15 to 5:00 pm
- Rain Garden Planting – Sept. 19, 1:00 to 3:30 pm
- Maintaining Rain Gardens – Oct. 3 3:15 to 4:30 pm
- Oak Grove – 19801 Cherrylawn St., Detroit, MI 48221
- Intro to Rain Gardens – Sept. 13, 4:30 to 6 pm
- Rain Garden Planting – Sept. 27, 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- Maintaining Rain Gardens – Oct. 15, 4:30 to 6:00 pm
- The Hope House – 7757 Epworth St., Detroit, MI 48204
- Intro to Rain Gardens – TBD
- Rain Garden Planting – Oct. 12, 9:00 am to noon
- Maintaining Rain Gardens – TBD
THIS PROGRAM IS MADE POSSIBLE BY THE GENEROUS SUPPORT OF THE FRED A. AND BARBARA M. ERB FAMILY FOUNDATION.