Land + Water WORKS Rain Garden Workshops
Friends of the Rouge and Sierra Club Michigan Chapter invite non-profit and faith-based organizations to apply to receive:
- Support and design assistance to create a rain garden
- Materials and support to install a rain garden
- Documents needed to apply for DWSD green credits to reduce the drainage fee on your water bill
- Facilitation of three workshops
- Detroit’s stormwater problem and rain gardens as a simple, low cost solution
- Hands-on rain garden installation
- Hands-on maintenance workshop
- Articles, info-graphics and information to share within your community
- Fun challenges to engage your community
Partners: Multiple, led by Detroit Future City
Funded by: The Fred A. and Barbara M. Erb Family Foundation
The Land + Water WORKS Coalition supports Detroiters to become better stewards of our land and waterways in an effort to create a healthy community and improve the quality of life for all.
The Land + Water WORKS Coalition advocates for sustainable land and water use practices to promote healthy and equitable communities, and to increase economic opportunities through the implementation of green stormwater infrastructure programs.