2020 Rain Garden Applications Now Available!
Apply ONLINE or click HERE to view the full application.
Applications due by Thursday, April 30
Complete online or mail completed application to:
2727 Second Ave, Suite 112
Detroit, MI 48201
If you need assistance with the application, contact Quentin Turner with Sierra club at (313) 965-0055 or email Quentin.
Land + Water WORKS Rain Garden Workshops
Friends of the Rouge and Sierra Club Michigan Chapter invite non-profit and faith-based organizations or public institutions to apply to receive:
- Support and design assistance to create a rain garden
- Materials and facilitation support to install the rain garden
- Documents needed to apply for DWSD green credits to reduce the drainage fee on your water bill
- Facilitation of three workshops and hands-on installation project
- Detroit’s stormwater problem and rain gardens as a simple, low cost solution
- Community Design Session
- Hands-on rain garden installation
- Hands-on maintenance workshop
- Articles, info-graphics and information to share within your community
- Fun challenges to engage your community
The Land + Water WORKS Coalition supports Detroiters to become better stewards of our land and waterways in an effort to create a healthy community and improve the quality of life for all.
The Land + Water WORKS Coalition advocates for sustainable land and water use practices to promote healthy and equitable communities, and to increase economic opportunities through the implementation of green stormwater infrastructure programs.