Date(s) - 04/22/23
9am - 12pm
- Accessibility: rugged terrain
- Accessibility: uneven terrain
- Activity: Litter Clean-up
- Difficulty: Level 2—light effort, standing, walking, some bending, lifting 5-10 pounds
- Difficulty: Level 3—moderate activity, bending, kneeling, digging, lifting 10-15 pounds
- Difficulty: Level 4—somewhat strenuous work, bending, kneeling, lifting 15-30 pounds
- Family Friendly
- Restrooms available onsite
Site Coordinator: Sally Petrella, Friends of Rouge Park, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Description: This Earth Day event is put on by Friends of Rouge Park in partnership with Friends of the Rouge and the Detroit River Coalition Earth Day cleanups.
Rouge Park is the largest park in Detroit, and we need your help keeping it clean and safe for everyone to enjoy. Come help your Friends pick up litter along Joy Road! Volunteers will meet at the Buffalo Soldiers Horse Barn at Joy Rd & Lahser Rd. Parking and restrooms are available on-site. Dress for the weather with closed-toed shoes.
Thank you for being a part of this Earth Day event at Rouge Park – restoring the health of the Rouge River watershed for a flood-resilient and clean water future for Southeast Michigan!
Accessibility & Difficulty: This is a family-friendly activity!
This event will involve walking, sometimes on uneven or rugged terrain. The activities will include light effort (standing, walking, some bending, lifting 5-10 pounds) or moderate to strenuous effort (bending, kneeling, lifting 15-30 pounds). Restrooms are available on site. Please dress for the weather. Please wear closed-toed shoes.