55 Gallon Rain Barrels (Multiple Colors)
Put your rain to work for you with a rain barrel! Your rain barrel purchase helps... cut your water bill, protect against flooding, AND restore YOUR Rouge River.
Upcycle Rain Barrel, made in Chicago from upcycled shipping containers. All barrels are food quality High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) Barrels that were previously used to ship pickled food overseas. Upcycle cleans and rinses them with rain water and PH neutral soap so you never have to worry about harsh contaminants getting on your plants.
Features on ALL Upcycle Rain Barrels:
- Mosquito-proof mesh screen
- Pre-drilled and assembled
- Garden hose-sized plastic spigot (installed)
- Terra-Cotta barrels come from Greece and had olives in them. They are the perfect color to match your terra-cotta planters and hanging pots that all the nurseries and green houses are currently selling. The color blends in well with red brick homes.
- Green barrels look great with the green plants and trees in your garden. They tuck in nicely behind deciduous trees and bushes.
- Grey and black barrels are great “Neutral” colors that blend nicely with the popular gray tone colors of many homes. They tuck in nicely behind deciduous trees and bushes.
- Blue barrels are very popular with customers who would like to paint their rain barrel. They are the perfect blue for the sky and water of any landscape picture. All barrels can be painted. Upcycle recommends Krylon Fusion paint, which comes in a whole array of colors, for plastic.
Our goal is to ensure that you can make a difference regardless of your income. Therefore, Friends of the Rouge offers discounts for residents who meet any of the following criteria:
- Residents who receive WIC benefits through the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- Residents who receive benefits through the MI Bridges Food Assistance Program administered by MDHHS
- Residents who receive Medicaid benefits through the Michigan Medicaid Program administered by MDHHS
- Others on a case-by-case basis. Contact Friends of the Rouge by emailing email@example.com to request a scholarship.
WEIGHT: 14 lbs
There are holes drilled into the lid for the water to drain into from your downspout. The screening keeps out the debris from the roof and keeps the mosquitoes out.
Because barrels have a garden hose size spigot at the bottom of the barrels you have several options on how to water your plants since a garden hose, landscape tubing or drip tubing can be attached to the barrel. If you wanted to use a watering can simply situate the barrel on a wooden pedestal. The barrels also have an overflow fitting to allow the excess water that flows from the downspout to be diverted away from the barrel and a linking hose fitting so (2) or more barrels can be joined together and will all fill up from just (1) downspout.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the manufacturer's website to find answers to other frequently asked questions