PICK-UP ONLY Native Plant Kits — 38 Plant Plugs (3")
PICK-UP ONLY: Native Plants Kits: 38 Michigan Native Plants, 3" Plugs
- Each kit contains 38 Michigan native plants of various habitats
- Each plant species is labeled.
- Each kit is suitable for covering about 65 square feet (if planted on 18” centers).
- Blooms from spring to fall
KIT CONTENTSThe grower reserves the right to make substitutions from the lists provided below as needed based on available supply. The plant lists below should be considered conceptual.
RAIN GARDEN KIT
- Plants that can handle being under water for 24-48 hours, and also drought periods between storms
- Switch grass, brown fox sedge, blue lobelia, cardinal, joe pye, boneset, hibiscus, tall coreopsis, ironweed, swamp milkweed, Riddell’s goldenrod, new England aster, sneezeweed, Iris, monkey flower, etc
- Includes up to 15 different species
- Includes nectar and host plants for native butterflies
- Plants included: Early sunflower, New England aster, hoary vervain, grey headed coneflower, false boneset, purple coneflower, sky blue aster, rough/northern blazing star, swamp milkweed, bergamot, prairie blazing star, butterfly weed, black-eyed susan, horsemint, whorled milkweed, sand tickseed
- Up to 16 different species
- Kit offers a good selection of nectar and host plants for a variety of species of critters
- Includes many nectar plants with multiple floret clusters, perfect for pollinators
- Plants included: Early sunflower, stiff goldenrod, false boneset, New England aster, swamp milkweed, purple coneflower, butterfly weed, bergamot, black-eyed susan, sand tickseed and horsemint
Bottle brush grass, big leaf aster, thimbleweed, joe pye, woodland sunflower, heart-leaf aster, bishops cap, spikenard, culver’s root, ironweed, white snakeroot, hairy beardstongue, poke milkweed and more.
MONARCH WAY STATION KIT
- Up to 16 different species
- Includes food sources of varying milkweeds, nectar sources and structural plants for chrysalis building
- Plants included: New England aster, false boneset, butterfly weed, gray headed coneflower, stiff goldenrod, bergamot, swamp milkweed, mountain mint, prairie blazing star, sky blue aster, black-eyed susan, whorled milkweed, sand tickseed
- Big bluestem, Indian, Switch, Canada wild rye, brown fox sedge, little bluestem, side-oats grama, prairie dropseed, june grass, Pennsylvania sedge
- Up to 16 different species.
- Varying height flowers adds both beauty and wildlife benefits
- Flowers may include: showy goldenrod, grey headed coneflower, early sunflower, swamp milkweed, smooth blue aster, purple coneflower, bergamot, blue/hoary vervain, sky blue aster, mountain mint, butterfly weed, whorled milkweed, black eyed-susan, sand tickseed and wild petunia
Switch grass, green rush, fox sedge, swamp milkweed, joe pye weed, boneset, turtlehead, blue lobelia, cardinal flower, ironweed, monkey flower, marsh blazingstar, smooth swamp aster
- Up to 12 different species
- Plants are selected by their ability to stabilize the soil
- Garden will thrive in fluctuating water conditions
- Includes grasses, rushes, sedges and wildflowers
- Plants included: Switch grass, Riddell's goldenrod, boneset, joe-pye weed, fox sedge, marsh blazing star, swamp milkweed, bottle gentian, cardinal flower, blue lobelia, mountain mint, turtlehead, brown fox sedge and dark green rush