RAIN BARREL STARTER KIT: Rain Barrel + Stand + Diverter
- An Upcycle 55 gallon rain barrel, color of your choice
- An Upcycle rain barrel stand
- An Upcycle rainwater diverter
- Mosquito-proof mesh screen
- Pre-drilled and assembled
- Garden hose-sized plastic spigot (installed)
- Red barrels come from Greece and had olives in them. The color blends in well with red brick homes.
- Green barrels look great with the green plants and trees in your garden. They tuck in nicely behind deciduous trees and bushes.
- Grey and black barrels are great “Neutral” colors that blend nicely with the popular gray tone colors of many homes. They tuck in nicely behind deciduous trees and bushes.
- Blue barrels are very popular with customers who would like to paint their rain barrel. They are the perfect blue for the sky and water of any landscape picture. All barrels can be painted. Upcycle recommends Krylon Fusion paint, which comes in a whole array of colors, for plastic.
WEIGHT: 14 lbs
There are holes drilled into the lid for the water to drain into from your downspout. The screening keeps out the debris from the roof and keeps the mosquitoes out.
Because barrels have a garden hose size spigot at the bottom of the barrels you have several options on how to water your plants since a garden hose, landscape tubing or drip tubing can be attached to the barrel. If you wanted to use a watering can simply situate the barrel on a wooden pedestal. The barrels also have an overflow fitting to allow the excess water that flows from the downspout to be diverted away from the barrel and a linking hose fitting so (2) or more barrels can be joined together and will all fill up from just (1) downspout.
Frequently Asked Questions