You’re invited to Keep Growing Detroit and Friends of the Rouge‘s second annual Fall Native Plant Market! You can pre-order a native plant KIT with 38-plants NOW for pickup at this event- Head over to the Rouge Store to purchase yours today (pre-order by Sept 26)!
Date/Time: Sat. 10/7 from 10am-1pm
Rain Date: Sun. 10/8 from 10am-1pm
Location: Keep Growing Detroit Farm near Eastern Market, 3100 Orleans St, Detroit
Shop for native plants at a farmer’s market style gathering of Michigan native plant producers. Vendors will have a variety of native plants including perennials, shrubs and trees.
Native Plant Vendors
Fall: The Best Time To Do Your Spring Planting!
- Cooler weather, pretty colors, fewer bugs
- Plants do better in Fall! Soil is warmer than in the spring. Less drought stress. You don’t have to water as much. Plants get growing next spring before garden centers even have plants on the shelves.
- Save Spring for enjoyment (and weeding…) plant now, for one less thing to do in spring
- Save money! Nurseries often have fall end of season discounts, come see what deals they have!
Make a day of it!
After you’re done shopping, check out the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy’s Detroit Harvest Fest & Food Truck Rally featuring live music and 50+ food trucks on the Dequindre Cut, a beautiful eastside greenway corridor.
Things to Bring
- Quart and plug shoppers: bring a cardboard tray to hold your plants (think costco, or from a flat of beverages). We’re working to secure a supply as well.
- Your excitement for native plants!
- 1-3 gallon pot shoppers: we’ll have 7 wagons on site to help you move plants to your vehicle. But if you have your own wagon to bring, you won’t have to wait!