Do you live in Detroit? Would you love a garden that helps enhance your lawn and improve water quality? Rain Gardens to the Rescue is now accepting applications for the 2019 program!
Detroit residents, nonprofits and faith-based organizations are invited to apply to receive a rain garden through the Rain Gardens to the Rescue program. Priority will be given to locations within Detroit City Council Districts 3 & 4.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, MARCH 29.
Ten gardens will be awarded. Once selected, garden recipients must attend all 5 workshops in the Rain Gardens to the Rescue course, pay $40 for their garden materials OR help 2 classmates install their rain gardens AND recruit friends and family to help install their rain gardens. See application for more details.
Everyone is welcome to attend workshops.
- Monday, April 29 from 6 to 8pm – Introduction to Rain Gardens
- Monday, May 6 from 6 to 8pm – Native Plants, Site Conditions and Garden Sizing
- Monday, May 13 from 6 to 8pm – Garden Design Exercise
- Monday, May 20 from 6 to 8pm – Just Weed It! Maintenance Workshop
- Monday, June 3 from 6 to 8pm – Design Reveal
Deliver completed application in-person or mail it to Sierra Club at 2727 Second Avenue, Suite 112, Detroit, MI 48201. You may also complete the application online. If you need assistance with the application, contact the Sierra Club at (313) 909-6092 or email Quentin.