For thirty-two years, the Friends of the Rouge (FOTR) have provided the greater Rouge River watershed community with services that have enhanced the quality of life for people in the region. Over the past several years, the FOTR has grown their programmatic offerings to the community. As a result of this success, we needed additional operating space.
The Friends of the Rouge (FOTR) selected the Plymouth Arts and Recreation Complex (PARC) located in downtown Plymouth as their new home. The new space is significantly larger than the previous office on the University of Michigan-Dearborn campus, allowing for much-needed room to operate and grow the organization.
The new 2,760 square foot office is located on the second-floor library of the former Central Middle School in downtown Plymouth, Michigan. This L- shaped room features a 20 seat conference room; 24 seat classroom and teaching laboratory; open concept office floor plan; one private office; copy room; and a reception – public education area.
Other benefits of the PARC space include access to shared conference rooms, two auditoriums, much needed outside storage, a plant material staging area, and exciting collaborative opportunities, to name a few.
Funding directly supports the renovation of the space for the Friends of the Rouge to operate the programs and educate public. Depending on preference, there are several pieces of the new space that we are requesting funding to support. The funds could support the overall renovation of the new space, or could be focused on a specific portion of the renovation. The requested funds would cover the total cost of the listed tenant improvements needed to use the space.
The new 2,760 square foot office is located on the second floor library of the former Central Middle School in downtown Plymouth, Michigan. This L- shaped room features a 20 seat conference room; 24 seat classroom and teaching laboratory; open concept office floor plan; one private office; copy room; and a reception- public education area.
Corporation/businesses/individuals could support anyone of these named spaces – or could support the overall project and choose which space to hold naming rights. Naming rights for rooms that have already been funded are listed beneath rooms or items. Naming rights can be discussed on an individual basis; however, larger pledges or donations will have first choice.
• Classroom/Laboratory (provides seating for 25 students) – This large classroom would support our Rouge Education Program and our Volunteer Monitoring Programs. $20,000 – BOSCH COMMUNITY FUND
• Conference Room (provides seating for 20) – This conference room would be used for board meetings, large and focus group meetings, presentations, etc. $20,000
• Private Office – This office would be used as an office for the executive director of the Friends of the Rouge as well as a private meeting space for small groups $10,000
• Reception – Educational Outreach – This area would be the welcome and entrance for visitors to the Friends of the Rouge office. It would host our educational materials and our three dimensional model of the watershed. $5,000
• Open office area (provides 12 work spaces) – This large open office concept would house up to 12 individual workers which would be a combination of full time, part time and volunteer workers. $20,000
• Copy room – open work space with large work table, files and office supplies. Generally open to the rest of the office. $10,000
Smaller donors can have the opportunity to have an engraved plaque on items throughout the office including:
• Conference table $5,000
• Conference room credenza $400
• Staff cubicle $1,000 each – 8 available
• Education corner $5,000
• Lab benches $1,000 per bench – 4 available
• Bike rack – Shape of a fish $3,000 – the ABLESON FAMILY
• Other items – We plan to have an “open house shower” where guests can “buy” items throughout the office to support the capital improvement costs. Item retail value will be listed as suggested gift.
Engraved plaques will be available to major donors in the new office space. Four levels of giving will correlate to size and placement on the donor wall. You may also give anonymously to the campaign. Donations may also be used to honor the memory of a loved one or as a tribute to someone/something. Donation does not require that your name be public.
Available donation levels:
$10,000 – 19,999
$5,000 – 9,999
$2,500 – 4,999
$1,000 – 2,449