Be A Part of Helping Your River Community!
We have a variety of opportunities for everyone to get involved:
Expand all Collapse all
Be the leader of a Rouge Rescue site
- If you would like to be a site coordinator for Rouge Rescue 2019, please see our site coordinator checklist and complete our site registration form and subsequent supply request forms by March 29th. We would also strongly encourage you to attend our Kick-off meeting on page or email Jackie at email@example.com. , especially if this is your first time leading a site. For more information, please see our
Assistant Site Coordinator
Aid a Site Coordinator with a Rouge Rescue site
- Site coordinator may ask you to pick up supplies, help prep a work site, or help fill out paperwork needed after the project is complete. At larger work sites, you may be the leader of a smaller group of volunteers to go off to a different area of the site to work. We would recommend getting in contact with the site coordinator or coming to our Kick-off meeting to see what sites may need additional help.
Get hands on with improving the Rouge River
- Be one of many volunteers at a growing number of sites to help restore the Rouge watershed in your community. Go to our page to find an event near you. Sturdy closed toe shoes are recommended.
- Have a group you’d like to be involved with a Rouge Rescue site? Please contact Jackie at or call 734-927-4906 so we can get you set up with a location to participate.
Site Registration Aid
Be a smiling face to greet and help volunteers
- Make sure that all volunteers sign in on the registration sheet and that they write clearly and legibly. It may also be your job to know where volunteers can get water, where nearby restrooms are, and where your site’s first aid kit is located. Coordinators may also ask you to help pass out supplies or t-shirts to volunteers.
- This does not exclude you from participating with other activities at the site if you so choose.
Take photos at a Rouge Rescue site
- We need pictures of our volunteers and their great work at a site that we can use later for our website, newletters, reports, and advertising. We would like a variety of photos including before, during, and after site conditions, volunteers working, volunteers posing and smiling, and a group shot of all volunteers.
- A camera is not provided, so please come to site on time with your own. Please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org after the event to share your photos.